Re: [Unicode] Minimum set of Emoji characters

From: Mark Davis ☕️ <mark_at_macchiato.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2016 16:32:47 +0200

​At this point, the original set of Japanese emoji has long since been
surpassed. The recommendation is to support the set of emoji in the data
files referenced by http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr51/. There's much more
information about various choices there.

Note that there is a proposed new version that will be discussed in early
November, at http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr51/proposed.html%e2%80%8b, with
additional emoji focused around gender support.

Mark