Re: Emoji end goal

From: gfb hjjhjh <c933103_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 16:39:52 +0800

So, according to the emoji FAQ <http://unicode.org/faq/emoji_dingbats.html>,
the end goal of emoji is to have no emoji? Or something like Softbank's
escape sequence?
>Q: What is the longer term plan for emoji?
>A: The Unicode Consortium encourages the use of embedded graphics (a.k.a.
“stickers”) as a longer-term solution, since they allow much more freedom
of expression. See Longer Term Solutions
<http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr51/#Longer_Term> in UTR #51
<http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr51/>.

btw is it just me or is the original Japanese carrier emoji, specifically
those provided by DoCoMo, still not completely coded into Unicode? I
counted the number of I-mode emoji listed on Japanese Wikipedia in the tron
code section and there're apparently more emoji than those that are in
emoji but I don't know which is missing.