Re: The (Klingon) Empire Strikes Back

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2016 04:29:40 +0100

May be but it is still relevant : what is the purpose of these invented
Kilngon ampersands: aren't they ligatures or abbreviation marks like the
"-que", different from the "et" (&) ligature in Latin ? We have "&" encoded
only because it exists in ASCII and it is used as a distinctive isolated
symbol, But why wouldn't we have the "-que" ligature encoded in Latin, but
we would have two invented ligatures for Klongon ?