Re: The (Klingon) Empire Strikes Back

From: Mark E. Shoulson <mark_at_kli.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 20:22:36 -0500

On 11/15/2016 07:47 PM, Michael Everson wrote:
> A body of a particular kind of scholarship surrounds Tolkien’s oeuvre. That’s probably the reason.
>
> Michael Everson

Ah. So it *is* a matter of "some literature is better than others." I
repeat here all the stuff I said in my response to Asmus' letter. Since
when did Unicode get in the business of deciding whose literature was
important and whose wasn't? And what do they base their decisions on?
How much Klingon correspondence and conversation did the UTC sift
through in order to reach its learned conclusion that Klingon-speakers
don't do anything "scholarly"?

Do you guys even hear how ridiculously bigoted this all sounds?

~mark