Re: The (Klingon) Empire Strikes Back

From: Michael Everson <everson_at_evertype.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 01:29:14 +0000

Mark,

No need to be defensive.

Tengwar and Cirth are in there because *I* put them there *long ago*, and the argument made was the nature of Tolkien’s work and study of it. That remains valid for keeping there, for one day the Tolkien Estate may revise its view on the matter.

Maybe a version of the Roadmap had Klingon in it. I don’t recall. I’d’ve been the one to have put it there. There are records. It doesn’t matter, though. When lack of use made Klingon made UTC remove it from consideration, it would have been removed.

The Roadmaps are really of no consequence. They’re useful, but they have no status and are subject to any kind of change before ballotting ends.

Michael