Re: Bidi: inserting Japanese paragraphs in Arabic/Farsi document

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2016 23:34:07 +0100

Initially my thread was really about Japanese in Arabic documents (or
Arabic paragraph), where Asian quotation marks were swapped (but not
mirrored), and where other Arabic contents had their own quotation marks
misplaced. The result was unreadable, including pairs of Arabic quotes with
empty content. The Japanese citation was broken, as well as the overall
Arabic one containing it.

And once again you're testing it in Firefox (which apparently uses its own
higher protocol): I said the problem occured in Chrome (which apparently
still does not use the updated Bidi algorithm).

This also brings a question about Asian quotes, that are not mirrorable but
still swapped by Bidi ! If they are not mirrorable, they should have a
strong LTR direction (like other kana or kanji characters).