Re: Encoding of old compatibility characters

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 11:33:41 +0200

Ideally a smart text renderer could as well display that glyph with a
leading multiplication sign (a mathematical middle dot) and implicitly
convert the following digits (and sign) as real superscript/exponent (using
contextual substitution/positioning like for Eastern Arabic/Urdu), without
necessarily writing the 10 base with smaller digits.
Without it, people will want to use 20⏨ to mean it is the decimal number
twenty and not hexadecimal number thirty two.

: