Re: Proposal to add standardized variation sequences for chess notation

From: Kent Karlsson <kent.karlsson14_at_telia.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2017 01:45:01 +0200

I can well imagine people deeply interested in chess, to want to exchange
chess board layouts
in plain text emails (or at least not use quite hard-to-handle HTML code),
and even parse them
(programmatically) for analysis by a program, not wanting to bother with
quite complex HTML/CSS stuff.
Including making input easy (keyboard, palette), just "typing" the chess
board layout (with pieces).

But for HTML pages on chess, HTML/CSS markup is certainly preferable; but it
shouldn't be impossible
to just paste in a "plain text" chess board to an HTML page (with minimal
formatting effort).
One can (fairly easily) make a program to convert the "plain text" chess
board to an HTML one.

Book formatting? Old style book formatting still cannot use as sophisticated
layouts as HTML
can... (AFAIK).

/Kent K