Re: Proposal to add standardized variation sequences for chess notation

From: Asmus Freytag <asmusf_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2017 08:25:33 -0700
On 4/5/2017 7:49 AM, Michael Everson wrote:
A piece with a *white* background is different to a piece that is merely an outline, whether filled or not.

I don’t think I can consider your comments to be relevant to the proposal any longer. You don’t even address the proposal.

Oh, here is the answer to your question. It took me 15 seconds to change the background and text colour in Quark XPress. It has nothing to do with the proposal for variation sequences.

http://evertype.com/standards/unicode-list/looking-glass-yellow-blue.png

This matches the reply I gave Richard. Very nice. I think you could achieve the same with using just ligatures (no VS) and get the same result when using a proper font.

A./