Re: Should U+3248 ... U+324F be wide characters?

From: Peter Edberg via Unicode <unicode_at_unicode.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 14:29:17 -0700

Per UTS #51 (see http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr51/#Design_Guidelines <http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr51/#Design_Guidelines>):

"Current practice is for emoji to have a square aspect ratio, deriving from their origin in Japanese. For interoperability, it is recommended that this practice be continued with current and future emoji. They will typically have about the same vertical placement and advance width as CJK ideographs.'

- Peter E