Emoji anomaly

From: Andre Schappo via Unicode <unicode_at_unicode.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 11:11:30 +0000

I am working on a Blog Article ( https://schappo.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/computer-science-internationalization.html ) and do not currently have access to OSX High Sierra, I am using OSX Sierra. I would appreciate some help from someone using OSX High Sierra.

Using Sierra's Chinese Simplified Input Method the Emoji 🌧️ and 🌦️ have an unnecessary U+FE0F variation selector appended. The other Emoji I have tested with Sierra's Chinese Simplified Input Method do not have the variation selector appended. Could someone please check if the same happens with High Sierra

Thank you

André
🌏 🌍 🌎
André Schappo