Re: Emoji anomaly

From: Peter Edberg via Unicode <unicode_at_unicode.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 16:20:08 -0700

This is about characters U+1F327,U+1F326

The variation selector FE0F is *not* unnecessary in with these. Looking at
https://www.unicode.org/Public/emoji/5.0/emoji-data.txt <https://www.unicode.org/Public/emoji/5.0/emoji-data.txt>
those characters do *not* have the Emoji-Presentation property set, and they do have variation sequences defined.

From https://www.unicode.org/reports/tr51/#Emoji_Variation_Selector_Notes <https://www.unicode.org/reports/tr51/#Emoji_Variation_Selector_Notes>, such singleton emoji characters
“should have emoji presentation selectors on base characters with Emoji_Presentation=No whenever an emoji presentation is desired”

- Peter E