ICU 62 Released

From: <announcements_at_unicode.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 15:33:36 -0700

ICU LogoUnicodeĀ® ICU 62 has just been released. It upgrades to Unicode
11
<http://blog.unicode.org/2018/06/announcing-unicode-standard-version-110.html>
and to CLDR 33.1 <http://cldr.unicode.org/index/downloads/cldr-33-1>
locale data. A new syntax for locale-neutral number skeleton strings can
be used in MessageFormat for more control over number formatting.
Several still-draft NumberFormatter methods and helper classes have been
modified or renamed. In C++, DecimalFormat wraps the new NumberFormatter
code, and there is a new implementation for number parsing.

ICU is a software library widely used by products and other libraries
<http://site.icu-project.org/#TOC-Who-Uses-ICU-> to support the world's
languages, implementing both the latest version of the Unicode encoding
standard and of the Unicode locale data (CLDR).

For details please see http://site.icu-project.org/download/62

      Adopt-a-Character

/Over 130,000 characters are available for adoption
<http://unicode.org/consortium/adopt-a-character.html>, to help the
Unicode Consortiumā€™s work on digitally disadvantaged languages./

[badge] <http://unicode.org/consortium/adopt-a-character.html>

http://blog.unicode.org/2018/06/icu-62-released.html

----
All of the Unicode Consortium lists are strictly opt-in lists for members
or interested users of our standards. We make every effort to remove
users who do not wish to receive e-mail from us. To see why you are getting
this mail and how to remove yourself from our lists if you want, please
see http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html#announcements