CLDR Version 33.1 Language/Locale Data Released for Unicode 11.0

From: <announcements_at_unicode.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 15:33:28 -0700

EmojiUnicode CLDR 33.1 adds support for the recently released Unicode
11.0
<http://blog.unicode.org/2018/06/announcing-unicode-standard-version-110.html>.
Version 33.1 is the latest version of CLDR, the core open-source
language data that major software systems use to adapt software to the
conventions of over 80 different languages. The open-source Unicode ICU
library incorporates the CLDR Version 33.1 data as part of its update to
Unicode 11.0 in its ICU 62 <http://site.icu-project.org/download/62>
release. ICU code is used by many products for Unicode and language
support, including Android, Cloudant, ChromeOS, Db2, iOS, macOS,
Windows, and many others <http://site.icu-project.org/#TOC-Who-Uses-ICU->.

The CLDR 33.1 release focuses on updates for Unicode 11.0: new names and
keywords <https://www.unicode.org/cldr/charts/34/annotations/index.html>
for the Unicode 11.0 emoji, Chinese collation stroke order, and script
metadata. In addition, there are major improvements for names and
annotations for the pre-11.0 emoji in CLDR languages. More extensive
updates are planned for CLDR 34 (release expected in early October),
with data submission <http://cldr.unicode.org/index> still continuing.

For further details and links to documentation, see the CLDR 33.1
Release Notes <http://cldr.unicode.org/index/downloads/cldr-33-1>.

      Adopt-a-Character

/Over 130,000 characters are available for adoption
<http://unicode.org/consortium/adopt-a-character.html>, to help the
Unicode Consortium’s work on digitally disadvantaged languages./

[badge] <http://unicode.org/consortium/adopt-a-character.html>

http://blog.unicode.org/2018/06/cldr-version-331-languagelocale-data.html

----
All of the Unicode Consortium lists are strictly opt-in lists for members
or interested users of our standards. We make every effort to remove
users who do not wish to receive e-mail from us. To see why you are getting
this mail and how to remove yourself from our lists if you want, please
see http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html#announcements