New Unicode Technical Director

From: <announcements_at_unicode.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2018 13:55:24 -0700

Ken LundeThe Unicode Consortium would like to welcome a new Technical
Director, Dr. Ken Lunde.

Ken Lunde has worked at Adobe since 1991, specializing in CJKV Type
Development, meaning that he develops East Asian fonts, along with the
specifications on which they are based. He architected the Adobe-branded
“Source Han” and Google-branded “Noto CJK” open source Pan-CJK typeface
families that were released in 2014 and 2017, is the author of “CJKV
Information Processing” Second Edition that was published by O’Reilly
Media at the end of 2008, and frequently publishes articles on Adobe’s
CJK Type Blog. Ken holds BA, MA, and PhD degrees in linguistics from The
University of Wisconsin-Madison. Ken has been Adobe’s representative to
Unicode since 2006, has been the primary representative since 2015,
serves as the IVD Registrar, participates in the Unicode Editorial
Committee, and received the 2018 Unicode Bulldog Award.

For the listing of current directors and officers of the Consortium
please see Unicode Directors, Officers and Staff
<http://www.unicode.org/consortium/directors.html#exeofficers>

http://blog.unicode.org/2018/10/new-unicode-technical-director.html

----
All of the Unicode Consortium lists are strictly opt-in lists for members
or interested users of our standards. We make every effort to remove
users who do not wish to receive e-mail from us. To see why you are getting
this mail and how to remove yourself from our lists if you want, please
see http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html#announcements