RE: Granularity of Unicode Conformance

From: Marco.Cimarosti@icl.com
Date: Mon Sep 27 1999 - 11:24:38 EDT

That is true.
But if you count all applications that "support" the Unicode range U+0000 to
U+007F using UTF-8, then the list could become quite lengthy (and overlap
with the ASCII Consortium's list)...

Using common sense, I feel that the list should state which scripts each
product supports (support of bidi may be implied for products that claim
support for Arabic and/or Hebrew).
For some very international scripts such as Latin, Arabic or Cyrillic, it
could also be useful to know which languages are supported.

Regards.
        Marco Cimarosti