Missing North American clues?

From: Edward Cherlin (edward.cherlin.sy.67@aya.yale.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 03 1999 - 02:38:50 EDT

At 13:33 -0700 9/29/1999, Scott Horne wrote:
>Michael Everson wrote:
> >
> > 4. Michael Everson invites Eric Brunner once again [...]
>
>Michael Everson might be taken more seriously if Michael Everson
>weren't so goddam overbearing.
>
>Scott Horne

Scott Horne might be taken more seriously if Scott Horne would lay
off the ad hominems, which also risk provoking the wrath of the
long-suffering Sarasvati.

It is quite easy to give the effect of overbearingness when you are
actually an expert trying to be patient with someone who won't answer
the question (Eric, in this case), and blames you for it. (I've been
there.) Michael is one of our top experts and an all-around good guy,
so chill.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled argument about the *issues*.

--
Ed Cherlin      edward.cherlin.sy.67@aya.yale.edu
"Well, you may be right, and certainly I cannot go so far as