Re: UTF-8 on this list

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 01:49:00 EDT

At 11:11 PM 4/30/01 -0400, DougEwell2@cs.com wrote:
>I never get annoyed when
>others who are more fortunate send messages in UTF-8 and I have to cut and
>paste them into SC UniPad to read them.

If it was only that, I would mind such mail less. However, mail headers are
further transcoded and the result is an unintelligible mess (not like the
ASCII+ format of utf-8). Without support for utf-8 (apparently not
available yet from my vendor) I cannot filter, sort, or locate such
messages by sender or subject.

Not surprisingly I'm happy to strongly recommend the 'be conservative in
what you send' mantra, at least as it applies to e-mail on this list. ;-)

A./