UCD in XML

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@us.ibm.com)
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 20:57:49 EDT

Several people asked me over the last month about the XML version of the
Unicode character database that I presented at last November's UTC meeting.
I posted it at http://www.macchiato.com/utc/UCD.zip, containing two files:

UCD.xml
UCD-Notes.htm

Caveats

1. I regenerated the data with Unicode 3.1 data. However, (a) I haven't
done more than spot-check the results, and (b) the format differs somewhat
from what is documented in the notes.

2. I still have to comment out characters FFF9..FFFD, and all surrogates,
so that people can read the file with Internet Explorer (I do wish they
would use a conformant XML parser). Also, note that IE takes quite a while
to load the file.

Mark
___
Mark Davis, IBM GCoC, Cupertino