FW: the HOW-TO of converting Chinese to Unicode HTML

From: Magda Danish (Unicode) (v-magdad@microsoft.com)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 04:32:12 EDT

        -----Original Message-----
        From: augustus
        Sent: Wed 5/23/2001 6:31 PM
        To: info@unicode.org
        Subject: the HOW-TO of converting Chinese to Unicode HTML

        Hello!

        How are you ding? I have a question would like to ask.

        I need to know the HOW-TO of converting Chinese characters into
Unicode HTML (in Traditional Chinese)?

        I am writing a web page that will retrieve Chinese sentences
from database, then E-mail to my clients accordingly. Since some of my
clients mail software can't interpret Chinese unless I put the Chinese
in Unicode HTML format.

        My converter software can do this convertion, but since I cannot
see it's program source code, I don't know HOW they do it. I want to
know the logic / algorithm / method of this convertion. Do you know
where I can learn that?

        my email is augustus@dunwell.com.hk
<mailto:augustus@dunwell.com.hk>

        Thanks a lot!!!