RE: Some Char. to Glyph Statistics, Pan/Single Font

From: Marco Cimarosti (marco.cimarosti@essetre.it)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 11:35:58 EDT

Jungshik Shin wrote:
> I think I know how you counted (initial consonants:
> two for syllables with and without final consonants, three for three
> kinds of vowel position/shape, vowels: two for syll.
> with/without final consonants) and think you got it "right".

You caught me with hands in jam: that was exactly my way of thinking. While
I see that this is clearly too naive to be "right", I would not be able to
improve it any further myself.

I welcome any refinement. Especially, I was curious about the other ratios
(DOS 1:8,1:4,1:4; X11win 1:10,1:3,1:4; TrueType 1:~30) that you mentioned on
your previous message.

_ Marco