Re: Erratum in Unicode book

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 13:15:11 EDT

From: "John H. Jenkins" <jenkins@apple.com>

> >Has the UNIHAN.TXT file been updated to include radical-stroke data
> >for Plane Two characters?

> Yes. Ever since Unicode 3.1 was released. (We still don't have an
> Extension B font, however.)

There is one in Office XP's CHS and CHP language packs (along with an IME).
The name of the font is "Simsun (Founder Extended)" and the parentheses in
the names are causing no end to problems in many tools! <g>).

I am working on test pages that will show all the characters, using WEFT
created .EOT files for those who are using Internet Explorer as their
browser (I am actually helping the WEFT folks with some bugs that these
pages exposed!).

MichKa

Michael Kaplan
Trigeminal Software, Inc.