RE: Special Type Sorts Tray 2001

From: Carl W. Brown (cbrown@xnetinc.com)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 14:16:39 EDT

MichKa,

> And I am sure Apple is hard at work on the Desert font and
> keyboard for Mac
> OS 11? :-)

Getting the scripts defined will allow third parties to add support to most
operating systems for specific languages that are not supported by the
standard offerings.

The big deal will be getting all the Unicode software that was written for
UCS-2 changed to support UTF-16 or UTF-32. I think that GB18030 will be the
big factor. You can not convert it to Unicode without extended plane
support. Processing it in code page is a mess.

Carl