RE: Code points for "al-Qaeda"

From: Ayers, Mike (Mike_Ayers@bmc.com)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 12:34:15 EDT

        Pinyin still has similar problems (Xi'an/Xian), but, yes, they're
less frequent. Nevertheless, W-G had the advantage of presenting words that
were at least pronounceable (albeit pronounced incorrectly) by the average
English speaker, unlike Pinyin, which leaves us to puzzle out how to prounce
"qun" and "xue", while still mispronouncing "cun" and "peng". In my eyes,
it's a tie.

/|/|ike