RE: Emails in Chinese

From: Andrew Cunningham (andrewc@mail.vicnet.net.au)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 20:18:18 EDT

In addition ot the notes below.

It also depends on the configuration of tehe mail clients being used.
Outlook Express, if sending the email as HTML rather than palin text may
apply a Base64 transformation to the data. Netscape uses Quoted-Printable
transformation, and can be configured to send messages uuencoded.

Marco recommended looking at the Content_type declaration in the emails
MIME header. Also have a look to see if there is a
Content-Transfer-Encoding heading.

Does anyone know if ISO-2022-CN is being used in Chinese email clients?

Andrew