Unicode characters in applet.

From: Raghvendra Sharma (RaghvendraSh@NIIT.com)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 01:42:44 EDT

Hi all,

I have been trying to figure out ways and means to show Unicode characters
(certain Greek/mathematical symbols) in my java applet running on jre 1.3.x,
but all in vain. I am not able to hit as to how should I start off.

Someone told me to use i18n.jar for internationalization of code. But I
couldn't get the thing exactly.

In the applet I intend to show the characters as part of a JEditorPane
component which is anyway rendering all other html content.

Can someone guide me as to how can I manage to my applet to show those
characters.

regards

raghav..

Raghvendra Sharma

Systems Executive
Software Solutions Business
NIIT Ltd.
8, Balaji Estate
Kalkaji,
New Delhi-20
6203958
"Natural ability is by far the best, but many men have succeeded in winning
high renown by skill that is the fruit of teaching."

This electronic mail transmission contains confidential information intended
only for the person(s) named. Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure
by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and then
destroy the message. Opinions, conclusions, and other information in this
message that do not relate to the official business of NIIT shall be
understood to be neither given nor endorsed by NIIT When addressed to NIIT
clients, any information contained in this e-mail is subject to the terms
and conditions in the governing client contract.