Re: OCX's that support Unicode

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 20:06:52 EDT

SMALL CORRECTION: Almost all of the APIs will work with non-Latin chars,
thjey just require a default system locale that is associated with the
script in question.

Unfortunately, many don't (one of the good things about the whole .NET
hullaballoo is that many vendors who would not know Unicode from morse code
(and who havd no interest in learning!) will uninentionally create
Unicode-enabled controls!).

If you are willing to count controls that support Unicode when on an NT
platform, you can include both the hierarchical flexgrid and the VB5 common
controls OCX (comctl32.ocx).

NOTE: the latter is unsupported and only works if IE5 or later is on the
machine. Complaints should go to the manufacturers, I know many developers
who have gotten headaches from this one. Note that the VB6 version
(mscomctl.ocx) does not do this.

Both controls come with Visual Basic.

MichKa

Michael Kaplan