Numbers

From: Bernard Miller (forunicode@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 09:12:04 EST

Hello,
Do any characters, such as U+2792, have negative
numerical values as a Unicode property? I don't
suppose there is anything weirder than negative
numbers, such as irrational, imaginary, or
supernatural values? According to Unibook 3.0 only a
few of the dingbat numbers have a numerical property,
that is not correct is it? Unibook is not working for
me as a way to browse Unicode data. For example, it
highlights characters with numeric values but does not
say what the property value is. I don't suppose
there's another human readable format? Has anyone made
it into a spreadsheet for example?

On the subject of numbers, ordinal and cardinal
numbering has a name, but what is the name for
numbering as in: double, triple, quadruple? n-tuple?
How about numbering as in: primary, secondary,
tertiary, etc? How about "group of" numbering, such as
pair, trio, quartet, etc? I'm looking for a name for
the grammar of each type of usage and info on how one
might construct words of arbitrary high values in each
system. It seems to be right up the alley of some of
the language experts on this list.

Bernard