Re: Inuktitut, Cree, Ojibwe input methods?

From: Andrew Cunningham (andrewc@vicnet.net.au)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 00:00:27 EST

Hi Peter and everyone,

I'd be interested in seeing they keyman file you generated for Eastern Cree.

Most of the keyboards i've seen have been designed for specific langauges.
Has anyone come across a single keyborad layout intended to support all of
UCAS? A friend at the national library of canada was interested in a single
keyboard layout that their staff and teh public could use to access unicode
based catalogues and databases. On public workstations it would be easier
to support a single layout, rather than different layouts for different
languages that use Syllabics.

Andj

Andrew Cunningham
Multilingual Technical Officer
Accessibility and Evaluation Unit, Vicnet
State Library of Victoria
Australia

At 10:21 PM 10/29/01 -0600, Peter_Constable@sil.org wrote:

On 10/29/2001 04:13:39 PM James Kass wrote:

>And, here is a page which illustrates different layouts for Eastern
>and Western Syllabics (and has fonts, too):
>http://www.knet.on.ca/keyboard.html

I just did a quick Keyman file for one of these layouts (the Easter
Syllabics layout -- generating Unicode, not the custom encoding of their
fonts), though there are a few symbols in their chart where it's not clear
to me just what they want. Anyway, I'll make it available if anyone wants
to use it.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485
E-mail: <peter_constable@sil.org>

<<<<