Re: Keyboard Layouts for Office XP in WIndows 98

From: David Starner (starner@okstate.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 13:38:48 EST

On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 09:47:50PM -0800, Doug Ewell wrote:
> You do realize, of course, that any sort of work done with Old Persian
> Cuneiform based on N1639 should be limited to laboratory
> experimentation. Not only is this script not in Unicode, it's been
> relegated to the "under investigation" list, a pool of quicksand from
> which few scripts have ever been rescued.

I've have a question, as much for Michael Everson as anyone else. How do
you rescue a script that has a proposal but hasn't had any action in 5
years? One of my friends was asking about Hungarian Runic, and all I
could suggest was getting the Hungarian standards body to take up the
cause.

--
David Starner - starner@okstate.edu
"It's not a habit; it's cool; I feel alive.