Re: Running Japanese programs under Win2K

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Sun Jun 09 2002 - 11:37:11 EDT

From: "Addison Phillips [wM]" <aphillips@webmethods.com>

> To solve some of your square box problems I would suggest that you get
ahold of Microsoft's "Multilingual User Interface" package (MUI). I'm not
sure of the licensing details of MUI--> I get mine in my copy of MSDN. This
will allow you to set the locale of your machine to Japanese while keeping
the menus in English (or some other language). This mail was composed on
such a machine.

Small correction here: MUI is not required in order to change the default
system locale to Japanese and keep the user interface as English on a Win2K
enu machine.

> The problem this will solve is the black square problem, since it installs
the necessary system font.

The system default locale change will do this.

MichKa

Michael Kaplan
Trigeminal Software, Inc. -- http://www.trigeminal.com/