Re: There was this thing called Unicode...

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 13:07:19 EDT

At 08:24 -0700 2002-07-09, Doug Ewell wrote:

>I wish we could see some nice discussions about the scripts and
>characters that are supposed to be added to Unicode 4.0, like Limbu, Tai
>Le, Ugaritic, hexagrams, etc. But that hasn't happened yet (at least
>not here) and 4.0 isn't due out for another year, so we may be stuck
>with the topics we have.

What about them? They've been approved and are under ballot. Limbu
discussion took place offline between myself, Boyd Michailovsky, and
Ken Whistler. Boyd is an expert and knows people in Limbuland. There
were considerable comments from Ireland on the last ballot which were
accepted. The current papers for these things are on my web site
under http://www.evertype.com/formal.html. Other fun stuff is at
http://www.evertype.com/informal.html which I recently reorganized. I
seem to have written hundreds and hundreds of pages of script
proposals.

--
Michael Everson *** Everson Typography *** http://www.evertype.com