Re: Common input methods for IPA

From: David Starner (starner@okstate.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 17:28:42 EDT

At 08:32 AM 7/10/02 -0700, Doug Ewell wrote:
>I wanted to do an IPA keyboard for SC UniPad.

Is one big Unicode keyboard the best solution for IPA? Most
IPA users only use a small subset - that which is needed for
their languages. Why not remap your personal keyboard to that?
I've personally remapped my notepad to the German/English
pseudo-IPA I'm transcribing right now, and that's much more
useful than any full keyboard could be.

Does anyone have any idea on cross-platform keyboard maps?
Can UniPad import Xmodmaps, or any foreign formats?