Re: chcp 10000 (was: Filesystems)

From: Markus Scherer (markus.scherer@jtcsv.com)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 12:22:00 EDT

Hi Shlomi, [sending to the list]

The number 10000 in "chcp 10000" on Windows is, I assume, a "magic number".
It switches the command prompt into 16-bit-Unicode mode (=UTF-16 encoding form).

All I can say is that this works, and works at least since NT 4.
I wrote a few command-line tools for NT a few years ago using the "w" versions of main(), printf(), etc., and they worked just fine.
I think I switched the file mode of stdout to binary in those tools.

markus