Re: What is TISI character Code?

From: Samphan Raruenrom (samphan@thai.com)
Date: Fri Jul 12 2002 - 06:20:56 EDT

Sreedhar.M wrote:
> I would lilke to make my application to Thai language compatible.In
> that way I heard the term TISI character code.That's why I want to know
> about the TISI character code.Please let me know if anybody have an idea
> regarding this.

TISI is the name of the standard organization in Thailand, Thai Industry
Standard Institute. The character set name is tis-620. It's a 8-bit character
set which is an extension to 7-bit ASCII for Thai characters. See :-

http://www.nectec.or.th/it-standards/

--
Samphan Raruenrom
Information Research and Development Division,