Re: quotation marks in European languages

From: Herman Ranes (herman@iet.hist.no)
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 06:31:06 EDT

Norwegian (both Norwegian Nynorsk and Norwegian Bokmål) typography
traditionally uses «quotes». In home-made documents, “quotes” or
"quotes" or ”quotes” are occasionally seen, but the cause for this is
the use of non-localised text processing software.

When it comes to nesting, there are two parallel options or usages:
one, but both are used in professional typhography.

-Herman Ranes

Peter_Constable@sil.org skreiv:

--
Herman Ranes                Høgskolen i Sør-Trøndelag
                             Avdeling for teknologi