RE: Need program to convert UTF-8 -> Hex sequences

From: Alan Wood (alan.wood@context.co.uk)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 04:39:33 EST

    David Oftedal wrote:

    > I need a program to convert UTF-8 to
    > hex sequences. This is useful for embedding text in non-UTF web pages,
    > but also for creating a Yudit keymap file, which I'm doing at the moment.
    >
    > For example, a file with the content זרו would yield the output "0x00E6
    > 0X00F8 0X00E5", and the Japanese expression ??? would yield "0x3042
    > 0x306E 0x4EBA".

    SC UniPad can convert characters to hexadecimal character references, in the
    format &#xnnnn;

    You could do a search and replace to convert this to the format you want.

    A free version limited to files of maximum 1000 characters is available
    from:

    http://www.unipad.org/main/

    Alan Wood
    http://www.alanwood.net (Unicode, special characters, pesticide names)