Re: per-character "stories" in a database

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 13:06:03 EST

    At 16:08 +0000 2003-03-14, William Overington wrote:

    >I find it strange that the Unicode Standard does not codify the
    >ligatures which can be produced with the languages of the Indian
    >subcontinent at display time using specific sequences of regular
    >Unicode characters so that someone skilled in the art of font design
    >may design a font from the code charts.

    Perhaps you should reread the Unicode Standard, then. It is out of scope.

    Having said that, you could probably commission someone like me to
    provide such a list. I do have an exhaustive list of Devanagari
    conjuncts in one of my files, for instance.

    No one would undertake such work for free, methinks.