Quran in Unicode??

From: Mete Kural (metek@mail.touchtonecorp.com)
Date: Tue Mar 18 2003 - 04:25:28 EST

    Hello,

    We're looking for a Unicode text of the Quran in Arabic that is adequately accurate. We have found numerous Unicode texts out there but they all suffer from hundreds of misplaced, missing or extra letters when you compare with a hardcopy print of the Quran. We tried fixing some but figured that it is too much work that would not be necessary if there is someone out there who already did this. Do you know any organization/company/individual who has successfully encoded the Quran in Unicode?

    Thank you very much.

    Kind Regards,
    Mete Kural