Discussing fonts (was: Quest text font now available)

From: Pim Blokland (pblokland@planet.nl)
Date: Wed May 07 2003 - 13:42:33 EDT

    While I agree that this is not the place to announce the release of
    new fonts (and unfinished at that - William has announced several
    different versions of his font already), and I'm also not overly
    fond of long-windedness, I do wonder about generalized statements
    such as "this is not the place to discuss fonts".
    IMHO, fonts are a very prominent aspect of the whole Unicode system
    implementation.
    If someone comes in here complaining that they see a Klingon Empire
    symbol on their screen where they expected an Apple symbol, do we
    send them away? Or if someone asks how to display Braille letters?
    Or if it's allowed to create a letter i that is a composite
    character, made up out of a U+0131 and a U+0307?

    Pim Blokland