Re: visible glyphs for U+2062 and similar characters

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 09:20:51 EDT

    From: "Jungshik Shin" <jshin@mailaps.org>

    > (3) Is there any way (IF it's allowed) to express the authorial intent
    > to render U+2062-like characters with visible glyphs?

    It is impossible to say what the intent might be, but lets consider the
    following examples:

    1) The Unicode Standard book and the code charts, which have special
    reference glyphs for these code points

    2) Any publication attempting to describe these code points tordinarily hat
    have no visible representation in text

    3) Specialized apps like the MS Keyboard Layout Creator which need to have
    visible representations to keep users from being confused about whether
    keystrokes have been assigned, even if they are technically "invisible"
    characters in normal use

    In each of the above cases, it makes sense to have a special font produce a
    visible representation for these code points. The intent of each of these
    cases is slightly different, of course; I am sure one could think of other
    such "specialty" cases.

    MichKa [MS]