Re: how to sort by stroke (not radical/stroke)

From: John Jenkins (jenkins@apple.com)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 16:48:55 EDT

    Virtually all of my traditional Chinese dictionaries are keyed to
    radical-stroke. Some of them have a stroke-only index at one end or
    the other, some don't.

    My experience is that radical-stroke is the predominant way of doing
    "dictionary" order. I don't know, however, how well that extrapolates
    to phone books or indices.

    On Tuesday, May 13, 2003, at 02:19 PM, Gary P. Grosso wrote:

    > Any other opinions (besides Andrew C. West's) about the prevalence
    > and/or suitability of this method versus radical/stroke or Pinyin?
    > It would help us determine how much effort to spend on this.

    John H. Jenkins
    jenkins@apple.com
    jhjenkins@mac.com
    http://www.tejat.net/