Re: Not snazzy (was: New Unicode Savvy Logo)

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 18:20:38 EDT

    A logo with a yellow or light blue or pale green background would be more appealing on various bright backgrounds. I also think that the grey logo is too dark and difficult to red, and the pink logo is quite strange.

    The red of the checkmark should contrast more by using asaturated color, and the Unicode letters should have well-contrasted borders. The "savvy" word may only be appealing to English readers (other readers may confuse it with "save it" and would not understand it clearly).

    I would have much prefered expressions like "smart with Unicode", or "The world speaks Unicode", or simply "this site speaks Unicode", or "Unicode feeds this site", or the small Unicode logo with the text "Best viewed by everyone", or "Unicode speaks your language"...

    -- Philippe.