Re: Not snazzy (was: New Unicode Savvy Logo)

From: Edward H Trager (ehtrager@umich.edu)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 14:16:03 EDT

    On Wed, 28 May 2003, Doug Ewell wrote:

    > I don't really think we are trying to say that a Web page is
    > "knowledgeable" about Unicode, but rather that it "uses" or "takes
    > advantage of" Unicode. How about "Powered by Unicode"?

    I don't think "powered" is the right word. "Unicode Compliant" is more to
    the point. Also, I think it would be easier to get reasonable
    translations for "compliant".

    (In the gray space on the logo I sent to the list earlier today, I had put
    the word "compliant" but I couldn't find exactly the right font to make it
    look right ... )