Use of Savvy logo with PUA characters (was: Re: Announcement: New Unicode Savvy Logo)

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 11:44:56 EDT

    <Peter_Constable at sil dot org> wrote:

    >> and clearly
    >> not designed to be used on the web.
    >> Their use in a page to display text clearly does not qualify, as it
    >> requires proprietary fonts to display them.
    >
    > I think that is overly restrictive. (And if the requirements for the
    > "savvy" logo are changed to rule out use of PUA, then I could imagine
    > wanting to join WO in requesting a Unicode-with-PUA logo. But I'd
    > rather not have to go there.)

    I attached the Savvy logo to my pages that contain PUA characters (and
    little else) without a second thought. Indeed, Unicode PUA characters
    *must* be encoded in Unicode, and so would seem especially Savvy!

    For them what cares: to view the pages, start at
    <http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/ewellic.html> and follow the links
    just below the text "Three sample texts are now available." The "prior
    agreement" is that the user must have James Kass's Code2000 font
    installed. WARNING: don't do this if you don't care about "constructed"
    or "invented" scripts.

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California
     http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/