Re: Letterforms based on p

From: Jim Allan (jallan@smrtytrek.com)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 09:43:39 EDT

    Doug Ewell posted:

    > Tsk tsk. This is the Unicode list. ALL characters are special.

    Quite true, except in a some particular context.

    Note that I did not use the word "special" in my own explanations.

    It appeared only in the quotations I supplied from the OED website.

    For an example of valid use of "special" in some particular context,
    from http://www.unicode.org/mail-arch/unicode-ml/y2002-m11/0575.html:

    > Would that change the
    > above quoted non-need for special MORSE DOT and MORSE DASH characters?

    Jim Allan