Biblical Hebrew (Was: Major Defect in Combining Classes of Tibetan Vowels)

From: John Hudson (tiro@tiro.com)
Date: Wed Jun 25 2003 - 18:53:39 EDT

    At 02:36 PM 6/25/2003, Michael Everson wrote:

    >Write it up with glyphs and minimal pairs and people will see the problem,
    >if any. Or propose some solution. (That isn't "add duplicate characters".)

    Peter Constable has written this up and submitted a proposal to the UTC.
    Additional documentation of the problem is included in the manual for the
    new SBL Hebrew font, and will be available from the Society of Biblical
    Literature website shortly (I'll provide the download information when the
    files are online).

    John Hudson

    Tiro Typeworks www.tiro.com
    Vancouver, BC tiro@tiro.com

    If you browse in the shelves that, in American bookstores,
    are labeled New Age, you can find there even Saint Augustine,
    who, as far as I know, was not a fascist. But combining Saint
    Augustine and Stonehenge -- that is a symptom of Ur-Fascism.
                                                                 - Umberto Eco