Re: Biblical Hebrew (Was: Major Defect in Combining Classes of Tibetan Vowels)

From: John Cowan (jcowan@reutershealth.com)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2003 - 12:44:48 EDT

    Michael Everson scripsit:

    > No, but you're not making a technical argument, either.

    "The life of [Unicode] has not been logic but experience."
            --Oliver Wendell Holmes, somewhat mutated

    > >Not when their core values -- correctness vs. stability -- are made to
    > >be at odds.
    >
    > And shifting a METEG in a normalization versioning is going to cause
    > what technical problem?

    If we can change METEG today, we might change COMBINING ACUTE tomorrow.

    --
    Knowledge studies others / Wisdom is self-known;      John Cowan
    Muscle masters brothers / Self-mastery is bone;       jcowan@reutershealth.com