Re: 24th Unicode Conference - Atlanta, GA - September 3-5, 2003

From: Anto'nio Martins-Tuva'lkin (antonio@tuvalkin.web.pt)
Date: Sat Jul 05 2003 - 23:51:10 EDT

    On 2003.06.26, 09:00, Tex Texin <tex@i18nguy.com> wrote:

    > Twenty-fourth Internationalization and Unicode Conference (IUC24)
    > Unicode, Internationalization, the Web: Powering Global Business
    >
    > http://www.unicode.org/iuc/iuc24
    > September 3-5, 2003
    > Atlanta, GA

    The fist time this appeared on this list I just made a joke on how
    "Atlanta, GA" should be interpreted, under the spirit of *real-world*
    internationalization, as "Atlanta, Gabon" (cf. ISO 3166).

    This second time, still with "uninternationalized" location, further
    implies though that, for some entities, internationalization is nothing
    but a buzz word, with scarce impact in its (parochial?) views and
    practices.

    -- ____.
    António MARTINS-Tuválkin | ()|
    <antonio@tuvalkin.web.pt> |####|
    R. Laureano de Oliveira, 64 r/c esq. |
    PT-1885-050 MOSCAVIDE (LRS) Não me invejo de quem tem |
    +351 934 821 700 carros, parelhas e montes |
    http://www.tuvalkin.web.pt/bandeira/ só me invejo de quem bebe |
    http://pagina.de/bandeiras/ a água em todas as fontes |