Re: 24th Unicode Conference - Atlanta, GA - September 3-5, 2003 [OT]

From: Karl Pentzlin (karl-pentzlin@acssoft.de)
Date: Mon Jul 07 2003 - 09:36:59 EDT

    Am Sonntag, 6. Juli 2003 um 22:24 schrieb Tex Texin:

    TT> Having said that, I will pass your comment along to the appropriate people and
    TT> suggest they consider adding "USA" and/or spell out Georgia, in the notice and
    TT> on the web site. (Or did you want a different kind of change?)

    All except explicitly specifying "USA" is politically incorrect.
    Even if it is very easy to guess the country where "Atlanta, GA" is,
    omitting "USA" *can* be seen as attitude of arrogance (if not
    offensiveness), sounding like "My country is important enough that
    I can require you to guess it". Little things like these support the
    growth of anti-Americanism on simpler minds here.

    --
    Karl Pentzlin
    AC&S Analysis Consulting & Software GmbH